Needs Assessment In an Orientation Program Is Just the Beginning...
With Comevo's @school Online Orientation having needs assessment in an orientation program is just the start.
Not only can you evaluate if the students comprehend your school's orientation, you can make the process an exciting one that's conducted totally online. Incorporate your own photos, video, audio or flash to prove you're a leader in higher education. Plus, don't need to have a computer science degree to create, edit or upload to your online student orientation.
Many school facilitators wonder about the best practices in new student orientation. Or in other words, "How can we enhance the student's overall experience and fulfill new college student needs?"
The answer comes down to three main components - Knowledge, Originality and Dependability.
With Comevo you'll have needs assessment in an orientation program, which is vital. But you'll also have those three components in an easy-to-understand format that won't break your entire school's budget.
The Challenges of Students and Administrators
Again, Knowledge, Originality and Dependability, are key when it comes to the best practices in new student orientation today. Your students need to understand your procedures (knowledge). With the growing popularity of web-based degree completion, your students today are expecting more Internet-based support (originality). You, however, need the means to convey both of these elements easily and without fail (dependability).
If you're like most colleges you want to reduce costs and time when conducting a general orientation session. Rather than sharing information or completing forms in a classroom setting, you desire more value-added time with students. Your councilors want to spend time helping students prepare for their college experience and future goals ... not filling out form after form.
So what if we told you that you could have an orientation program that... ?
- Reduces costs on printed supplies and labor over traditional orientation sessions
- Saves hours of your valuable time
- Enriches the life of your councilors so they can advise and not just shuffle papers.
- Provides an environmental-friendly, green alternative since information is electronic and student won't have to drive to campus
- Reaches more students than conventional means
- Is built around your particular programs
- Delivers a customized orientation experience for each individual student
- Gives you full and immediate control to orientation information
- Provides pertinent information with a keystroke or two
- Builds confidence in the student body
- Creates higher student retention rates
- Delivers measurable results
You might think all of that is impossible in a single orientation program or the cost would drain your yearly student-advising budget. With Comevo's @school Online Orientation your school can have it all, including features like...
- Customized Look-and-Feel
- The ability to choose logos, colors and text that reflect your school's existing online presence.
- Engaging Multimedia
- Video, Audio, Flash, PDF documents and forms.
- Content Management
- Easy-to-use administration area that allows you to make changes to content and immediately update the website without requesting the aid of technical staff. Includes the ability to create ADA compliant content.
- Tailored Student Experience
- Provides users with the information relevant to their own objective. This custom real-time experience motivates learning by focusing on content that is pertinent.
- Individual Pacing
- Users have the ability to track their own progress and complete the orientation in phases at their own pace. They may even leave and later return to the same place.
- Monitored Results
- Section Reviews and a Final Test monitor student learning and confirm orientation completion.
- Quickly print out progress outcome, activity outcome and success outcome reports at any time making it perfect for schools looking for needs assessment in an orientation program.
Do More Than Show School Spirit... Show School Competency
Email us today and request our @school Online Orientation Whitepaper. This helpful resource explains everything you'd like to know regarding the @school Online Orientation and how this innovate tool can help your school as soon as next semester.
When it comes to needs assessment in an orientation program - one that also engages your students - turn to Comevo.
Contact us today for more information about @school Online Orientation to bring your school into the 21st Century.